Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Stockbridge Bowl

Tonight was another swim in the Berkshires. I arrived about ten minutes early. There were a handful of other swimmers there but I didn't recognize them. Once everyone arrived and introductions were done we set out on our swim. The water was warm. I didn't even check the temperature but my guess is it was warmer than my usual pool temp (83)
We swam north on the west shore and then across to the east shore. It seemed to me that the water near the east shore was even warmer. And then for the last few hundred yards the water seemed to get even warmer again. About a mile and a half altogether.
Afterwards there was a feast. This crew always puts out a good spread.
On my way home my right front tire blew out. This was unexpected. Two different guys stopped to help me change the tire. I would have managed on my own but the help was still appreciated.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment