Monday, July 15, 2013

Community Pool

On Sunday I finally got a chance to check out our town pool. It is outdoors with a 25 yard section and a shallow end that slopes in from off to the side. I remember the old sad pool from way back when. This one is a real improvement. I swam a few laps while Gayle and our little guy had play time in the shallow end. There was only one lane marked off for lap swimming, but that was plenty. There weren't that many people there anyway and most of them were just playing around anyhow. The trouble I had was that the bottom and the sides were all a uniform white. I was impressed how disorienting this was. I wound up doing open turns a bunch of times because I misjudged distance and already had a hand on the wall. Open turns! Shocking.
If I'm going to try to take advantage of this pool (It is a pool and it is nearby) I will have to make some arrangements to help me judge distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment