Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Son of a...

Swim. That's right. This weekend, Newport VT. This will be my biggest race so far. 6 Miles in mighty Memphremagog is my goal. There are, I believe, only 3 other swimmers undertaking this distance at this time so it will also be my smallest.
The distance is no joke, but I've covered it quite a few times in the pool. And I've done some good open water distance these past few weeks. Although not more than 5k continuous or about 3.5 miles in a day.
Wifey and I got in some good practice with the kayak. Now that I have a good idea of how close to the kayak I should be I haven't been crashing into her. (hint: it is closer to 12 feet than to 6)
I've figured out a little about water temperature and I think that it will be ok, even in Vermont.

Correction: I swam 4.1 miles in open water at the Jim McDonnell Lake swim on the saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment