Tuesday, August 21, 2012

injuries

Wifey and I got to do our Saturday morning yoga again. Then at the very end I sat up in a bad way and wrenched my back. This left me very sore for the rest of the day. Not to mention feeling foolish. Get through the whole yoga class feeling great and then tweak my back during what should be a restful period. I was still pretty stiff and sore on Sunday but I decided to try a pool swim. I did a one hour swim. No intervals just a nice easy swim. About 50 minutes into the swim my back finally loosened up and started to feel better.
On monday the pool was closed. So my regular speed work was out of the question. I decided to do a trail run. I did three miles on an out and back on a local stretch of the appalachian trail. Everything felt great except for stubbing my toes on a root a little more than a half mile in. Interestingly although it hurt it didn't interfere with running. So I finished my out and back. The result of all this is my back is almost completely back to normal and I have a very sore foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment