Sunday, June 16, 2013

Camp Jewell trail run

Who: Camp Jewell YMCA
What: 5k trail run, part of their strong kids campaign
When: Saturday,  June 15
Where: Camp Jewell Colebrook CT
Why: Because wifey wanted a 5k

I got to sit this one out because I don't want my legs to be sore for my big swim tomorrow. Wifey lined up for the race while the little guy and I played around in a wiffleball stadium known as the thunderdome.
They were doing music and announcements from the top of a little tower by the aforementioned thunderdome. When I heard them start playing "the eye of the tiger" I grabbed the little guy and walked over to the finish line. The official clock read 20:38 at that point. Wow, tough course. Wifey came in 4th woman and 18th overall finisher. She got a medal for winning her age group. Then we got to go down the giant slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment