Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012 Open Water

So in total I swam 14 open water races in summer 2012. I competed in 5 different lakes and the Hudson River. No ocean swims this year. I'll try to branch out going forward. In order of decreasing distance

Kingdom 10 mile
Lake George 10k
Son of a Swim 6 mile
Cape Cod Superswim 3.1 mile
Jim McDonnell 5k
2 Bridges 5k
Quassy 3 mile
Jim McDonnell 2mile
Lake Moreau 3k
Quassy 1.5 mile
Jim McDonnell 1 mile
Lake Moreau 1.5k leg of the aquathlon
Lake Moreau 1.5k
Quassy .5mile

For races that are the same distance I put the ones that felt longer first. I counted the Son of a Swim even though it is not technically a race. I didn't count the 1 mile practice swim at the Jim McDonnell Swims. Maybe I should have.
Fully half of these swims are shorter than 3 miles with only 2 meeting the commonly accepted definition of marathon swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment